The web is a great place to get those gears turning as you brainstorm potential avenues to go down. For this next blog post, I rounded up a handful of great interior decor tips that I found helpful. I recently needed to needed to rearrange and replace furniture in my living room, so the internet was a great resource when it was time to get things started. Here are some of my favorites of the bunch:
- Know your color scheme before heavily investing in a room’s decor. (Of course, this is contingent on seeing the space and planning from there). For obvious reasons, a purchase can be made moot (or an egregious eyesore) if it turns out that it won’t actually “go” with the rest of the room.
- If you have a favorite piece of furniture or accessory, make it a point to show it off in the room. There’s a reason you have it in the first place; designing with these special pieces in mind gives you an anchor to tie the rest of the room back to.
- Don’t neglect window dressing. It seems like a pretty minor point, but adding a bit of color or sophistication to your window trimmings makes them better to look at than standard or boring blinds.
- Find a good place to purchase rugs and accessories for your room. After you paint the room and get the major pieces of furniture, there’ll still be plenty of room for area rugs and other knick-knacks to populate a space. Rug & Home is a good example of an online rug store where you can find a huge variety of pieces.
- Throw a mirror in there! Obviously, you want to put a little more thought into it than that, but a tasteful mirror is always a welcome addition to a room.
That wraps up this post. I hope you find these interior decor ideas useful. If you’re still curious, there are plenty of lists and articles out there. Here’s another one that I really liked.
Here’s a video that has some interesting things to talk about: